Below are a list of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.
Please click on the question titles.
How can I place an order?
Once you have submitted a Clinic Information Form OR registered through our website and we have set up your account, there are a number of ways you can place an order:
1) Call our office at 0800 440 2471.
2) Fax in a completed Order Form.
3) From our website. Register now and enjoy the convenience of placing an order online. Choose your preferred payment method during registration, and benefit from the quick ordering process as no payment is required at the time of ordering. Please note that all orders will be verified prior to processing, and you may receive a telephone call from our office if further information is required.
4) Email firstname.lastname@example.org but please remember to include all information required to ensure speedy processing (Product Name, Package Size, Quantity, and the Veterinary Surgeon's name placing the order).
PLEASE NOTE: Controlled Drugs must be ordered by post in order to comply with regulations. Once you have registered with us you can download a Controlled Drug Requisition form from the right of this page or call our office to have a form emailed or faxed to you. This form will need to be signed in ink by the veterinary surgeon and posted to us. For more information, please see our Did You Know page.
Can we purchase your products through a wholesaler?
No. The Veterinary Medicines Directorate does not permit the distribution of Veterinary Specials through wholesalers.
Can we keep an office stock of your products?
According to section 41 of VMGN No 13 (Guidance on the use of the Cascade), the following is written under the title "Office Stock" of medicines for use:
In the interest of animal welfare, a veterinary surgeon may have in his possession medicinal products such as human medicines, imported medicines and extemporaneous preparations intended for administration to animals under the Cascade. The VMD does not specify a maximum quantity that may be held in a practice as this varies from practice to practice and will depend on the products involved. However, the quantity held should be justified by the clinical need under the Cascade rules - these medicines must not be used as a first choice treatment in every situation. It is important for veterinary surgeons to keep up to date with new authorisations and adjust their prescribing habits and stocking policies accordingly.
Or visit http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/pdf/vmgn/VMGNote13.pdf to read the entire Guidance Note.
How long will it take to receive my order and what is the cost?
Due to the requirement of being able to track all of our packages we have teamed up with a reputable courier service to handle all of our deliveries. Effective 3 January 2012 we kindly ask that all orders be placed by 3:00 pm for same day dispatch. Although we cannot guarantee delivery times, the following is what Summit offers to various areas:
- Mainland UK and the Isle of Wight - Next Day* delivery for £6.00. FREE DELIVERY for orders of £50.00 and over.
- Scottish Highlands - Two Day delivery for £10.00. FREE DELIVERY for orders of £100.00 and over.
- Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scottish Islands and the Scilly Isles - Two Day delivery for £12.50. FREE DELIVERY for orders of £125.00 and over.
*For Next Day delivery, orders must be placed between Monday and Thursday. All orders placed on Friday will be delivered the following business day. If an urgent Saturday delivery is required, please call our office and a member of our office team will assist you.
Are we required to provide a Specials Treatment Certificate (STC) or a Special Import Certificate (SIC) to order your products?
No. STCs and SICs are only required if you need to import unauthorised medicines from other countries. All of our products are manufactured at our Oxfordshire facility.
Do we need to provide you with a prescription to place an order?
No. As a UK based Veterinary Specials Manufacturer, we do not require a prescription from you to process your order. Other than the order details, we only require the name of the veterinary surgeon who is placing the order.
Please Note: For Controlled Drugs we will need an ink copy of the vets signature on our Controlled Drug Requisition Form.
I'm a locum veterinary surgeon, can I still register to your website?
Absolutely. We just kindly ask that you indicate that you are a locum vet in the Clinic Name in the Clinic Details section e.g Locum at XYZ Veterinary Clinic.
Please note that we are unable to deliver our products to home addresses. If you wish to pay for the products yourself, you will need to create an account for each clinic that you would like products delivered to. Many clinics will already have an account with us so we need to ensure that you have your own account, at that clinic, for billing purposes.
If you wish to order for a clinic that you are working from and the clinic will be paying for the order, please contact us prior to registering.
We appreciate your interest and continued cooperation.
Register now to view our full product line, place an order through our website, and see what new and exciting products are coming soon!